A recipe for a quick, nutritious eat, easy to pack into your lunchbox!
Fishcakes and Slaw
• ½ cup (125ml) brown lentils
• 3 PnP spring onions, finely chopped
• 2 tsp. (10ml) PnP garlic and ginger paste
• Juice (15ml) and zest of ½ lemon
• 300g PnP smoked snoek, flaked
• 1 Tbsp. (15ml) PnP curry powder
• Salt and milled pepper
• Flour for dusting
• Canola oil for frying
• 2 packets (600g) PnP Julienne Trio
(shredded beetroot, carrot and butternut)
• 2-3 Cara or regular oranges, peeled and segmented
• 1 small PnP red onion, finely sliced
• 1 packet (20g) PnP coriander, stems removed
• Lemon juice, to taste
• 2 Tbsp. (30ml) canola oil
1 tub (175ml) PnP low-fat plain yoghurt, for serving
• Cook lentils in lightly salted water until just tender.
• Drain well and allow to cool slightly.
• Mash lentils roughly.
• Mix with spring onions, garlic and ginger paste, lemon juice and zest, smoked snoek and curry powder and season.
• Shape into fishcakes and dust in flour.
• Shallow-fry in oil until golden and heated through.
• Drain on kitchen paper.
• Toss slaw ingredients together and dress with lemon juice and oil.
• Serve fishcakes with slaw and yoghurt.